BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – New York
- The role encompasses business development, contract negotiation through to oversight on delivery.
- Responsible for driving pro-active acquisition of new clients and expansion of existing throughout the USA, with specific focus on penetration into high value prospective clients
- Engage in targeted sales activates based on market research
- Manage and at time lead RFI/ RFP and Pre-Sales processes, often bringing together a diverse and globally disparate group of internal and external stakeholders
- Work with key stakeholders to define consulting services, including the development of project/resource plans in conjunction with the key project stakeholders and clients
- Partnering with the SAM organisation and practices to develop and implement business plans to achieve targets in line with the Excelian global business strategy.
- Monitor and manage sales progress against the plan and take appropriate action where necessary
- Engage with the SAM organisation globally by discussing new ideas, methods and industry trends
- Partner with the group B2B marketing function to plan and execute marketing campaigns to increase regional brand awareness
- Management of the Excelian financial software vendor partner network
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light
- Support Junior members of the SAM team in the execution of sales opportunities
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance
- Location: New York
- Demonstrable experience within pro-active Sales & Business Development role within Financial Services
- Demonstrable experience of account management and development with the ability to work with and at the "C-Level"
- Knowledge of Financial Services (Capital Markets) or Technical Subject Matter Expert in at least one business or technical area
- Proven track record of selling $5m+ of annual new revenue
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly to groups, and create and develop compelling presentations and collateral and present solutions to customers and prospects
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all key stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Must have strong consultative and solution selling skills
- Must have strong relationship orientation
- Must have high energy level, high degree of integrity, self-motivated, positive attitude, proactive approach to work, confidence
- Experience of creating and executing sales strategies, business and account plans
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with little or no supervision
- Generates new ideas and ways to improve processes in a constructive manner
- Experience of working within a tri-party vendor / client relationship model
Projektbeschreibung und Arbeitsbedingungen:
The Sales team at Excelian is responsible for the acquisition of new accounts and development of smaller existing accounts through new project/service wins from Excelian’s service catalogue. The role will support our expansion in the USA and we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to manage and develop a core portfolio of financial service clients while continuing to engage with the market to create and develop new relationships and opportunity. As part of the global SAM group the role will report to the Head of FS Sales & Account Management North America & EMEA and involve close partnership with the Regional Practice Directors and global SAM organisation.